Lady Treacher Girls’ School
It's called SMK Treacher Methodist Girls' School or TMGS today, located
at Jalan Muzium (Museum Road), Taiping, Perak.
It was the wife of the then British
Resident of Perak, Sir William Hood
Treacher, Lady Treacher, who established the English Government Girls’
School, in 1889 in Taiping. And
later renamed as Lady Treacher
Girls’ School, was the first English girls’
school in the Federated Malay
10 years later in 1899, the school
was put under missionaries' care. Since then, it was administrated by missionaries, and Mrs. Mary Carr
Curtis became the first principal with 28 students at that time.